The Excedia Group was founded in 2010 as a result of Jon not being able to run fast enough away, and Heather nagging him to join their respective coaching businesses together!
All joking aside, Jon Baker and Heather Townsend wanted to bring clarity, perspective and knowledge to help their clients achieve their business goals. They both realised that they could do this in a more effective and enjoyable way by working together.
Lisa joined us in 2012 as chief organiser, and if you’ve ever seen Jon and Heather working, you’d know why Lisa was needed.
- Loyalty: to our clients and their requirements
- Integrity: we will only advise clients on what we are qualified to do so, and only with our client’s best interests at heart. We will also never profit from a referral we make to or for our clients.
- Fun: we will bring our love of what we do with us to work, thereby helping deliver a better experience for our clients
- Friendship: we will form close and strong relationships with our clients
- Freedom: we believe that success in business is defined by the ability to live your life as you choose. We help our clients build their business so that they too can achieve Freedom.
We help professionals build a profitable and sustainable practice. Our clients are typically lawyers, accountants, consultants but sometimes coaches, trainers and small business owners. There are two halves to the business, the small practices team, and the mid tier/ large practices team.
Jon heads up the small professional practices team, and Heather heads up the mid-tier/large firms professional practices team.
The small professional practices team helps practice owners (from a 1 person firm up to a 50 person firm), build a firm which brings them an annual personal income of over £150k. Typically, we help clients solve four problems which are preventing them from achieving this goal:
- vision and strategy of how they are going to get there
- implementing a reliable marketing and sales machine which will reliably produce the right amount of clients to fuel the required practice growth month in, month out
- building the right resource around the practice owner, e.g. a team which he/she can trust to delegate to
- helping our client get more efficient/effective so that they have the time to work on the top 3.
The large professional practices team helps both firms and aspiring/junior and established partners do the following:
- build their status and reputation inside the firm and the external marketplace as the Go-To-Expert in order to:
- put them back in control of their career
- build a partner-sized client portfolio
- help them stake a claim for partnership
- help them be seen as ‘one of the club’ in order to progress to partnership
- develop their team behind them so that they are able to delegate client work down and free up their time for business development and leadership/managerial responsibilities
- help them develop their career so that they can enjoy a life outside of work, and the financial rewards of partnership
You may wonder who we have acted for? Our client list consists of:
- the very largest professional service firms, e.g. Deloitte LLP, BDO LLP
- strong regional practices, Haines Watt, Bircham Dyson Bell LLP, Bevan Brittan LLP, Sills and Betteridge LLP
- the very smallest (but perfectly formed) practices, WBS Accountants, Insight Associates…
How can we help you today?
Visit one of of of websites, each with stacks of free material to help you in your role,
Contact us, we would love to talk about your plans to improve your professional services firm. Call 0123 448 0123